Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hamburgers & Fries Watch 11/28/10

Day 32 - Hamburger Watch
Day 11 - French Fry Watch

My burgers are officially a month old now. I have officially wasted a month watching hamburgers dry out. Note: The Wendys burger that was oily/greasy most of this month has changed little, except that the original droplets are now more of a greasy film.


My son thinks someone could reheat the french fries and not notice a difference because the fries still have a strong french fry smell. I keep the tray covered by a big box, so the smell lingers a while after removing the box. The only change is with my own french fry creation. It is turning a darker color and it is possible, based on a close inspection, that they are rotting on the inside. Time will tell.










Next update: Wednesday - I will have more information on "Acrylamide". I found a video on good & bad foods that mentioned french fries, among other things, can affect short term memory. In searching further, I discovered that acrylamide occurs naturally when cooking foods such as french fries and is a possible carcinogen. I will research further and report on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment