Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 7 - Hamburger Watch









Day 7 - Hamburger Watch and "Thar she blows"! As expected, mold has begun to rear its ugly head. And as expected, it is on the hamburger that I grilled myself. I tried to create this hamburger at the beginning to be as thin as the rest and as cooked through & through as the rest and I even though that perhaps I had over cooked it to the point of drying it out. The mold spot on the bun is near the center and is very easy to see, with two smaller spots next to it. The mold spot on the burger is harder to make out. If you draw a line in the center of the hamburger, from right to left, just left of the center on the line are two spots. The one on the right which is not as clear as the other on the left (sticky bun) is the mold spot (looks like a circle drawn).

I had been getting a feeling that the Burger King burger would be the first to mold because of the amount of bun that had stuck to the burger, along with the amount of moistness. Pictured here is an example of the backside of the burger/bun potential for trouble. After very close inspection, there doesn't seem to be any sign of trouble yet.

The Wendy's burger is still covered, front & back, with what is probably little droplets of grease or fat. It doesn't seem to be dissipating as I expected and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything.









Of course we can't forget about the McDonalds hamburger. I have a feeling that because the bun is toasted and the patty seems to be a little thinner than the rest... This one has an edge when it comes to survival.

Things should really start changing now... Right? Time will tell.

My next update will be Saturday night. I will be traveling and my traveling partner might not appreciate the old burgers coming along for the ride. My daughter is going to take pictures each night and give me some noteworthy updates.

Coming soon! I will be adding french fries to my experiment. If you read my latest Blog post at "A Healthier You Too" you would have seen a video link for a video piece that claimed to be showing french fries that were years old and still looked fresh, and felt salty & greasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment